Meditation For Beginners - 6 Easy Steps to Start Meditating Right Now
The art of meditating can be mastered by anyone. Even people who are considered as meditation masters had to start somewhere. Sometimes people even start meditating without even being taught how to do it. There are some simple guidelines to follow when you begin meditation. Below are some simple steps for a beginner in meditation.
1. Setup a time for meditation. There should be a time of day that is always used for meditation. If you jump around from different time frames of when you meditate, you may never start on a common schedule for meditating.
2. Pick a location for meditation. Pick a spot in your house or office where you can meditate. Most meditation only takes about 15 minutes to perform. Once you find that comfortable spot, you won’t have to worry about the location for your meditation
3. Sit up straight. You need to sit up tall and straight. Your spine should be erect and you should be mindful of your body. Imagine the positive energy flowing through your spine. It is the connection between your meditation spirit and your body.
4. Begin breathing. This is the most elementary factor in meditating. You really can't get this wrong. Start by sitting in your spot for meditation and start deep breathing. Focus on the breath as it goes in and out your body, and be mindful of any sensations in your body as you breathe. This begins to train your body for the next step.
5. Let go of your mind, relax and focus on your breathing. As the previous step indicated, you just need to be aware of your breathing. As you are breathing and clearing out your mind, you need to be mindful of your thoughts and feelings without any attachment. When negative and random thoughts enter your mind, just let it be there by itself without any resistance and relax.
The steps above are the beginning steps to meditation. In order to take your experience to the next level, you need to do some learning and research on different methods or even speak to a meditation teacher. By following the steps here and the advice from a meditation expert, you are well on your way to experiencing the wonderful benefits of meditation.
Permission is granted to republish this article on your
website on condition that you include the following byline with all hyperlinks
Felix Makmur is the owner of Meditation For Beginners where he shares various meditation tips and strategies that you can apply right now to achieve complete relaxation, inner peace and happiness no matter what! Download Your FREE 65-Page Meditation Report and Guided Meditation MP3 Worth $47 at http://www.realsecretofmeditation.com
Copyright © 2011 Felix Makmur - RealSecretOfMeditation.com - All Rights Reserved Worldwide